Current Pop-Up Studios
Dennica Worrell – Studio 10B | Click for more
An emerging journalist, photographer, branding consultant, and graduate student of Media Studies at The New School with professional experience in the fields of law and marketing; equipped with research skills, editing prowess and a strategy-oriented mindset.
My published articles focused on environmental activism and current events in several South Florida media outlets including Deerfield Beach Magazine. My photography portfolio explores themes of nature, culture, and emotion.
The Pop-Up Studio Program is a short-term studio rental is designed with the creative business in mind. This program is an opportunity for creative arts businesses to have a retail, or working studio space for a short-term residency of 3-4 months max. The ideal candidate will be a creative business looking for a space to work, display inventory, meet with clients, or complete a new project and needs the space to do so. The category of candidate could be, but not limited to, the following examples: photographer, video, filmmaking, textiles, hand-made clothing, jewelry, ceramics, and other crafts. The Pop-Up Short Term Studio program is subject to studio availability.
Why Pop-Up your creative business at Arts Warehouse?
- The Pop-Up artist would have 24/7 access to a private studio space for the duration of the Pop-Up.
- A physical location to meet new potential clients and buyers.
- A Creative environment with the visual arts in mind.
- The short-term commitment is ideal for those smaller creative businesses wanting to try having a physical location.
- Access to professional development programs, and networking.
How is the Pop-Up Program different from the Resident Artist Program?
- The duration of the studio lease is shorter, only 4 months max.
- Time requirements for resident studio artists do not apply to Pop-Up studios.
- Pop-Up studios are not listed on the Arts Warehouse website as artist profiles.
- Pop-Up studio tenants are not guaranteed a feature in the AW social media accounts (though there is a good chance they will be!).
- Pop-Up Studio tenants are not included in a Resident Artist gallery exhibition that may fall during this time.
Applications are submitted via JotForm. Completed applications are reviewed by the Arts Warehouse Manager.
The application asks for images, statement, and product or art examples, as well as the asks the following questions:
- What is the name of your creative business or brand?
- What medium are you working in?
- Why is a studio space with the Pop Up Project ideal for your business growth?
- What will you use the studio space for (editing, creating, selling, etc.) Are there any projects/products you will be working on during your time here?
- Any specific goals for the Pop Up Residency term?
- How can we find you online, or social media?
- Brief Bio (if you have):
FEES AND AVAILABILITY
- Pop-Up Rentals will be filled based on studio availability.
- Regular and full rental fees apply for the specified studio, and will be paid during the Pop-Up Studio Term on the first of the month by check. Studio rent is by square foot.