At Arts Warehouse, we are focused on bringing attention to the value of process and techniques in contemporary artwork. Our exchange program is intended to give artists the opportunity to generate new work and to buckle down on professional development. Generally, we are interested in artists whose work demonstrates a strong relationship between craft and content. We want to facilitate your growth and development and share what you’re doing within the Arts Warehouse and our growing Arts community.
Are you an artist interested in a two-week Residency in one of our Warehouse Studios?
We offer residencies to artists in exchange for teaching one public workshop and allowing the public to see you in action during our business hours. If accepted, you will have 24-hour access to the studio, website presence on our website, a one month showcase in our White Room Gallery that will be part of First Friday Art Walk and an opportunity to host a gallery talk during Art Walk (dates will be announced). If you are interested in a residency/workshop exchange, please submit a proposal for consideration. Before applying, we recommend that you look over our website, exhibitions past, present and current and the studios that we use for residency as it will give you an idea of what’s possible in our space; please note we can make some rearrangements to the studios. We offer a limited number of residencies each year.
Residency Exchange Form Prep
The form will include the following:
- Your contact information (phone, website etc.)
- A short bio (just a few sentences)
- 5-10 images of your work, labeled
- Your availability / preferred residency dates
- A brief description of your workshop (150 words or less)
- Length of workshop… 2, 4, 6 hours? A full weekend?
- Intended Audience… kids, teens, adults or all ages?
- Images… Something that shows work and/or process shots related to your workshop
Feel free to send more than one workshop idea!