IN A NUTSHELL
*Please note that program applications are closed as of March 2020. Thank you!*
The Residence program offers affordable private and/or shared studios to emerging and mid-range local, national, and international artists and creative makers. Residents become part of a vibrant community of artists participating in Arts Warehouse programming, allowing for exchange and collaborative relationships to develop within the artist community. Space is awarded to applicants that best demonstrate their commitment to their practice, to experimentation and innovation in their work/business, to seeking creative/business & professional development, and to being a part of and contributing to a dynamic community of artists, makers and creative thinkers. A.i.R leases include private and/or shared studios as well as access to flexible shared working space. Those selected for this program range from emerging to mid-range in their business career, and work in a variety of artistic/maker disciplines and media; some exceptions may apply due to building code limitations call use for confirmation.
- Support/investment in individuals whose work will impact the larger cultural landscape
- Artist advancement programming & coaching
- Experimentation and collaboration
- Integration into a dynamic community of local, national, international artists and an expansive network of creative professionals
- Opportunities for engagement/cross-cultural exchange with local artists and audiences
- Opportunity to sell wares and build client base.
- Emerging to Mid-Range professional, dedicated, working artists and makers with a deep commitment to their practice and to advancing the mission of Arts Warehouse.
- Artists must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents over 18 years of age.
- Work in most mediums will be considered. Those working with toxic materials, hazardous machinery, etc. may not be considered due to limitations within the building; please contact us with questions within those realms before applying.
- Residents must be ready to enjoy working in an open studio setting where the public is able to interact with the artist during public hours. They must work in the studio a minimum of 15 hours per week during public hours and First Fridays. Other times may be requested by Arts Warehouse.
- Ceramic artists must complete the Ceramic Studio application
- The Ceramic studio is a 2-person shared space. The 2 artists would split the rent amount.
- If an artist person wishes to rent the ceramic studio on their own, they would pay the full cost of the space.
Applications are accepted on a continuing rolling basis. They are reviewed, informed of board acceptance when applicable and told when there is availability. If there is no space available selected artist will be placed on a waiting list in the order in which they were accepted. As openings occur you will be contact to see if you are ready for a studio. Once accepted you will remain on our list for 2 years; After two years you will need to update your application. All applications will require a Background Check Authorization and Privacy Disclosure form attached below.
Below are the requirements for a completed application, and what you should have prepared to upload into the digital application form:
- Curriculum vitae (“CV”) that provides an overview of experience and other qualifications
- Letter of interest outlining specific interest in working at the Arts Warehouse, how participation will affect the artist’s practice.
- Artist Statement
- Career and business plan summary for your arts business including goals.
- Three letters of recommendation, personal and/or professional, that include names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses. *a list of references will not be accepted
- Documentation of recent work as described below.
- $25 processing fee (payable online) and Background Check Form
The Delray Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (“CRA”) as part of its Arts Warehouse project intends to provide affordable studios for emerging and mid-career Artists in a variety of media, including, but not limited to painters, photographers, ceramic Artists, and sculptors. ARTIST acknowledges that among The CRA’s purposes in establishing the Arts Warehouse is to nurture Artists’ careers by providing them with affordable space. Handbook is a living document and subject to change.