The Affiliate Artist Program is designed to encourage the creative and professional growth of artists in a shared, community studio space.
- Work in a creative community of artists in community studios when available
- 24/7 access to the shared studio spaces when available as written in policy book
- Free Wi-Fi
- Member exhibitions
- Artist wash-down/commercial sink area
- Kitchen area when not rented
- First option and membership pricing on classes/Workshops held at Arts Warehouse
- Are bound by Studio policy rules and regulations (Handbook).
- Limited Equipment available; may be used when available.
- Artists are not allowed to use access for groups or teaching classes. If you are interested in either please contact Arts Warehouse staff.
Affiliate Artist memberships are renewable every six (6) months. Affiliate Artist membership cost is $40 per month and 6 months is due at signing along with initial sign up fees.
Upon acceptance to the program, Affiliate Artists will have 24/7 access to a shared studio space, common areas, and equipment when not in use by the Arts Warehouse. Shared studio space is available on a first-come, first-served system. All artists are expected to respectfully work with others in a communal and creative environment.
All artists are expected to clean up after personal usage of the studio. No personal items may be left out or stored at the Arts Warehouse.
Affiliate Artists are strongly encouraged to volunteer at least 20 hours as requested by the Arts Warehouse staff each month to assist with the operations of but not limited to exhibits, special events etc.
The Artists in Residence program offers affordable private and/or shared studios to emerging and mid-range local, national, and international artists. Artists in Residence become part of a vibrant community of artists participating in Arts Warehouse programming, allowing for exchange and collaborative relationships to develop within the artist community. Space is awarded to applicants that best demonstrate their commitment to their practice, to experimentation and innovation in their work, to seeking artistic & professional development, and to being a part of and contributing to a dynamic community of artists and creative thinkers. A.i.R leases include private and/or shared studios as well as access to flexible shared working space. Artists selected for this program range from emerging to mid-range, and work in all artistic disciplines and media; including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, new media, installation, and interdisciplinary expression.
- Support/investment in individuals whose work will impact the larger cultural landscape
- Artist advancement programming & coaching
- Experimentation and collaboration
- Integration into a dynamic community of local, national, international artists and an expansive network of creative professionals
- Opportunities for engagement/cross-cultural exchange with local artists and audiences
- A yearly presentation at the Arts Warehouse, usually in Group Show or a solo exhibit
- Emerging to Mid-Range professional, dedicated, working artists with a deep commitment to their practice and to advancing the mission of The Arts Warehouse.
- Artists must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents over 18 years of age.
- Artists working in most mediums will be considered. Artists working with toxic materials, hazardous machinery, etc. may not be considered due to limitations within the building.
- Artists must be ready to enjoy working in an open studio setting where the public is able to interact with the artist during public hours. Artists must work in the studio a minimum of 20 hours per week during public hours and First Fridays. Other times may be requested by the Arts Warehouse.