Monster Drawing Rally & Art Throwdown
We are hosting our first annual Monster Drawing Rally and Art Throwdown, featuring artists at all stages of their careers. Artists will be taking shifts drawing for two hours in front of a live audience, or, they will be a contestant in the Art Throwdown: A live 90 minute head-to-head art competition.
Finished drawings by participating artists are immediately available for $30 each. If more than one person is interested in purchasing the same work, the interested parties will settle by drawing cards or the classic “rock, paper, scissors” to win the right to buy!
Art Throwdown: In the middle of the room there will be a head to head Art Throwdown. Four artist will have 90 minutes, the same supplies, and one assistant to create an original artwork . The winner will be selected by the attendees (round of applause or voting). All works completed in the Art Throwdown will be auctioned off for sale at the end of the competition.
The Monster Drawing Rally and Art Throwdown makes viewing art and collecting art more accessible. It’s a way to view perhaps new/unseen talent, interact with Florida’s artistic community, and support Arts Warehouse programming. Inspired by the San Francisco artist-centered nonprofit Southern Exposure, whose mission is to show support to local artists, we’ve adopted a portion of this fund-raising idea to bring Florida artists and Art appreciators to the Arts Warehouse for a night of creating, mingling, drinking, and fun.
The event takes place at the Arts Warehouse, 313 NE 3rd Street, Delray Beach, FL 33444, Friday, June 7, 2019, from 5:00 to 10pm.
A DJ will be spinning beats, and a variety of food and a cash bar will be on hand. The evening also includes the opening Collage exhibition in our Main Gallery.
Need more information on Ticket Sale, Art Throwdown and/or Monster Drawing Rally Participation? SEE BELOW
EVENT TICKETS $5 members | $10 non-members
Monster Drawing Rally | Call to Artists
MONSTER DRAWING RALLY 2019 | ARTIST PARTICIPATION
FRIDAY, JUNE 7 from 5-10pm
ARTIST REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 10, 2019
Anyone can be a participating artist, but must register ASAP because space is limited! Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Both must be registered as artist or as a registered artist and ticket purchaser
WHAT EXACTLY IS THE MONSTER DRAWING RALLY?
Part performance, part art-walk, part artist throwdown and part art sale, and one of Delray Beach’s liveliest Art fund-raising events! During a Monster Drawing Rally artists create artworks from start-to-finish in front of a live audience, art work will be sold can be purchased for $30 as soon as they are finished. If more than one person wants the same piece of art they will rock, paper, scissors to see who gets to buy it. The Monster Drawing Rally offers a rare and exciting opportunity to watch artists in action and the possibility to take home their completed pieces, all while supporting a good cause! The Arts Warehouse Monster Drawing Rally benefits Arts Warehouse and artist services/programs.
(“Monster” as in “a big event” not as in drawings of monsters… although the artists are more than welcome to make monsters if they want to!)
NOT LIMITED TO DRAWING! ALL MEDIUMS WELCOME!
(provided the artwork can be completed in 2 hours & buyer can take it home that night.)
Artists are provided work area, chair, paper and random drawing materials; artist may bring their own supplies too. Artists will have 2 hours to complete one or more artwork from start to finish. Attendees will be able to buy works as they are created and posted on the buy wall. Additional details are on the Artist Registration Eventbrite Link Below.
REGISTRATION IS AS EASY AT 1, 2, 3!
1. Registration via the Eventbrite link below.
2. Help us promote the event, show up during your selected time frame(s). You may draw during more than one session if you like.
3. All work created is donated to Arts Warehouse to sell and keep proceeds
After your drawing time you may stay and enjoy the event.*
*Participating registered artist do not have to pay cover charge; they do not get to bring people with them as guest, guest need to purchase a ticket.
DRAWING ARTIST REGISTRATION Spaces are limited
Art Throwdown | Call to Artists
Art Throwdown 2019 | ARTIST PARTICIPATION
FRIDAY, JUNE 7 from 5-10pm
ARTIST REGISTRATION DEADLINE: May 10, 2019 | Contestants will be notified by May 14th
WANT TO COMPETE IN THE THROWDOWN?
Things you will need to fill out form.
- A link to your website, dedicated FB artist page, or Instagram account
- A couple sentences about your artist background, favorite medium, and what your passions are (hobbies, career, what you do for fun)
- 2-3 pictures of your work
- 1 picture of yourself
- Complete the Submission Form
We want to make sure that we are selecting a diverse group of artists for the competition and photos will be used for promoting the artist that will be competing in the event.
WHAT WILL YOU WIN?
- You will be the reining Throwdown Champ for one year!
- You will get to defend your title as an automatic contender in next year’s event.
- You will get exposure and highlighted in our Newsletter and on our website.
- You will also get a one-month art exhibition in our backroom gallery that includes a First Friday Art Walk (Date will be determined)
WHAT IS THE COMPETITION LIKE?
- Four selected Artist will live paint/create in a head to head 90-minute art competition.
- All artist will receive the same set of supplies and a shared random supply table to “fight” over.
- Each Artist may have one approved assistant.
- After 90 minutes each work of art created will voted on by the audience to determine the winner.
- Following the vote each painting will be for sale via a live bidding with all proceeds going to the Arts Warehouse.